LPC carried out a survey of residents in the village, asking a series of questions on The Parish Council and Village life. The results of this can been viewed in the below report.
Canterbury Medical Practice Urgent Appointment Requests
NEW from 1st April - URGENT SAME DAY APPOINTMENT REQUESTS
“Patients should get the right care with the right person at the right time”.
• We are introducing a new way for you to make same day appointments across all 4 surgeries to improve patient care and reduce waiting times
• You will still be able to book routine appointments as you do now via the reception team or online
• For same day requests, however, the aim is to make sure that those who most need to be seen by a Doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner are given priority
• When you request a same day appointment, the reception team will ask you to briefly explain the reason and you will be booked in for a telephone call-back
• When the clinician telephones back, they will discuss your health needs and decide jointly with you, the best course of action
• This might be coming to the surgery for a face to face appointment or it might be that your need can be dealt with over the telephone
Patients with email and mobile contacts should have received details of this change.
Taken from http://www.canterburymedicalpractice.nhs.uk/making-appointments.aspx
And the winner is:
JOE MOUNT- He always will go out of his way to help people. He did some gardening for a neighbour and every Friday when he finished he would sit and have cups of tea with her for a long time at least 1.5 hours. Since I broke my foot he has been a star walking my husky for a good length of time for a small price. He is the most charming, courteous person I know very modest and shy. He does so much for the residents of this village helping elderly and disabled people. The dogs love him and they all enjoy their walk and his gentle calmness rubs off on them. HE WORKS LONG HOURS AND STRIVES TO FIT PEOPLE'S NEEDS IN, EVEN IF THEY PHONE HIM LATE. Yes please nominate Joe, he may be young but he has a maturity and sincerity that is rare.
Would you like to join an intergenerational project linking pupils from Littlebourne School and residents of Littlebourne?
We need 15 people over 55 to come into the school to meet the children on three Wednesday afternoons in May.
The project called ‘Love Grows’, is led by the Moving Memory Dance
Theatre Company. You will be planting and growing seeds and talking with the children about your lives.
Records of the project, will form part of an exhibition at the ‘Boing’ Festival
hosted at UKC in August.
Contact: Helen Howard (728613) or
Sylvia Wilson [email@example.com].
Action Fraud has received the first reports of Tech-Support scammers claiming to be from Microsoft who are taking advantage of the global WannaCry ransomware attack.
One victim fell for the scam after calling a ‘help’ number advertised on a pop up window. The window which wouldn’t close said the victim had been affected by WannaCry Ransomware.
The victim granted the fraudsters remote access to their PC after being convinced there wasn’t sufficient anti-virus protection. The fraudsters then installed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, which is actually free and took £320 as payment.
It is important to remember that Microsoft’s error and warning messages on your PC will never include a phone number.
Additionally Microsoft will never proactively reach out to you to provide unsolicited PC or technical support. Any communication they have with you must be initiated by you.
To enquire about booking Littlebourne WMH please contact Gill Estcourt at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07401 084999 or 01227 728444
Please try and call within office hours
Follow us on Twitter